IWF opens application procedure for the hiring of a CEO
The IWF is currently in the process of hiring a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its headquarters in Lausanne (SUI). Please find below the application details:
The IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) is the recognised International Sports Federation for the Olympic Sport of Weightlifting. The IWF is responsible for the worldwide governance, development, marketing and administration of the sport of Weightlifting, and support of its 194 member Federations and continental Federations.
The IWF headquarters are located in Lausanne (SUI), the Olympic Capital.
The IWF is responsible for:
– The promotion of the sport internationally;
– Managing Weightlifting at the Olympic Games, and other major Games events;
– The public image and marketing of the sport of Weightlifting worldwide;
– Generating revenue for the support of the sport of Weightlifting;
– Management and delivery of international Weightlifting events;
– Education and capability expansion of National Federations, Continental Federations, Athletes, Coaches, and stakeholders;
– The development of the sport around the world; and
– Representing the Weightlifting athletes and stakeholders in all matters concerning the sport.
The role of CEO
The role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to lead and run the operations of the IWF, advise and support the Governance structure headed by the IWF Executive Board. This role constitutes an opportunity to be a key changemaker in sport.
The CEO will have responsibility for the operational leadership and management of the organisation. The CEO must understand the necessity of clean sport and integrity in all aspects of the Sport.
– To be a dynamic and inspirational leader with the ability to engage, advise and collaborate with sport leaders from different backgrounds across the world;
– To work collaboratively with elected leadership for the betterment of the sport of Weightlifting and the interests of the IWF;
– To work collaboratively with the IWF Executive Board to execute the IWF Strategic Plan;
– To work towards a goal of a world-leading reputation in fair play, athlete rights, athlete welfare and clean sport;
– To identify and build relationships with key stakeholders of the IWF, including but not limited to the Athletes, Coaches, Member Federations, Continental Federations, IOC, WADA, ITA, Sponsors, media and other organisations;
– To oversee and manage the operations of the IWF operational team in all respects;
– To identify, propose and lead new revenue streams for the IWF to diversify away from Olympic revenue, particularly in order to ensure the long term financial strength of the organisation;
– To identify, propose and lead operational procedures to ensure the strength of the IWF as an entity;
– To identify, propose and lead methods of improvement for the IWF across all areas;
– To identify, propose and lead methods of providing increased member service within the IWF;
– To identify, propose and lead methods of providing increased visibility of the IWF;
– To support IWF Members in their initiatives to grow and promote the sport;
– To co-operate with and create strong relationships with Member National Authorities;
– To lead and define the commercial strategy for IWF, in particular in identifying new opportunities in addition to the core relationship with the IOC;
– To improve IWF’s visibility and value in the wider sporting community and to identify and engage with existing and potential partners and sponsors;
– To provide leadership to ensure the goals and priorities of IWF are met and reach the agreed key performance indicators, ensuring that an appropriate financial strategy is in place to facilitate this;
– To develop an efficient and effective organisation, ensuring resources are deployed appropriately and responsibilities are clearly defined;
– To be responsible for carrying out annual performance assessment and career development reviews of the IWF staff;
– To be responsible to the Board for the annual budgets and overall robust finances.
– 10+ years of experience in international sport, at an NOC, International Federation, International Sporting Body or other similar body;
– Native-level proficiency in English;
– Strong and demonstrated ability to raise diverse revenue sources;
– Strong and demonstrated relationships with key sport stakeholders, including but not limited to the International Olympic Committee, International Testing Agency and World Anti-Doping Agency;
– Strong and demonstrated ability to grow exposure, participation and media coverage in international sport;
– Strong and demonstrated ability to manage staff in a positive environment;
– Strong and demonstrated track record of ethical leadership, especially in the area of Anti-Doping;
– Strong and demonstrated track record of management of financial matters, in the context of international sport;
– Strong and demonstrated ability to manage a membership organisation and manage reputation within that membership.
Additional desired qualifications:
– Fluency in more than one language – French, Spanish, Russian and/or Arabic are specifically desired;
– University degree;
– Working knowledge of the sport of Weightlifting;
– Existing residential location commutable to Lausanne (SUI);
– Strong working knowledge of Swiss business practices;
– Experience in developing anti-doping and anti-abuse practices;
– Experience in working with a diverse group of cultures;
– Experience in working with, and reporting to, an elected board of directors;
– Experience in developing sport programmes, and sport modernisation.
The CEO will report to the IWF Executive Board, with direct oversight provided by the President and General Secretary of the IWF.
Candidates should send the following documents:
– Letter of interest highlighting your motivation for the post and relevant experience
– Curriculum vitae
– Diplomas and certifications
– Details of current remuneration
– Names and contact details for three references
How to Apply
Please send the above-mentioned documents by no later than November 15, 2023 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org