WFA Executive Board meeting and Congress
On 24th March 2018 the Weightlifting Federation of Africa held its Executive Board meeting. It was opened by its president, Mr. Khaled Mehalhel. Mr. Mahmoud Mahgoub, IWF EB member, President of the Egyptian Weightlifting Federation gave information about the upcoming African Youth and Junior Championships – YOG Qualification Event in Cairo.
The Executive Board discussed the following topics:
- 2017 WFA annual report of activities
- 2018 WFA Development Program
- Activities of WFA Marketing and Sponsor Commission
- Future events (3rd African Youth Games, 2019/2020 African Youth, Junior and Senior Championships)
- Financial statement and estimated budget
The IWF was represented by Ms. Timea Horvath, Development and Education Manager who gave presentations about the YOG and Tokyo 2020 Qualification systems at the WFA Congress which was held on the same day.
The Championships will start today, on 26th March 2018, with the participation of 114 athletes from 15 countries. Check out the Start Book!