Coaching Education Course in Cape Town, South Africa
In the framework of the IWF Development Program a 4-days coaching course was held in Cape Town, South Africa on 13-16 September with 10 participants from 5 African countries (South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Mauritius, Swaziland).
Mr. Tamas Feher , former British Head Coach as lecturer gave theoretical and practical sessions on the following topics for all attendees:
- Basic training methodology
- Technical teaching of beginner weightlifters (theoretical and practical)
- Main exercises of weightlifting training (theoretical and practical)
- Training principles of the weightlifting training
- Weightlifter’s main conditional abilities
- Strength development in weightlifting
- Training planning in weightlifting
- Preparation of an advanced athlete
After the very informative and educational course the participants received certificates at the end of the course.