2015 IWF Youth World Championships are officially open
The Peruvian Weightlifting Federation, under the guidance of President José Quiñones González organized several weightlifting competitions:
– 2007 University World Championships
– 2008 Olympic Games Qualification Pan American Championships
– 2010 YOG Qualification Youth Pan American Championships
– 2011 IWF Youth World Championships
– 2013 IWF Junior World Championships
– 2014 YOG Qualification Youth Pan American Championships
and now the 2015 IWF Youth World Championships!
During the Opening Ceremony held in the venue – Maria Angola – IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan declared the championships open and emphasized on the fact that for the first time women participation was higher than men!
From the 36 countries and 193 lifters present, there are 100 women against 93 men! This is a great development of women participation in the sport and an important milestone for Youth being the future!