Thai Coaching seminar at Chiang Mai
During July 25-26, 2009 Thai Amateur Weightlifting Association (TAWA) held a Thai Coaching seminar at Chiang Mai, Thailand. There were 40 people from nationwide clubs to participate.
Main topics were led and delivered by Major General Intarat Yodbangtoey (IWF Executive Board Member), Mr. Nippon Limboonsuebsai (IWF Coaching & Research Committee Member), Mrs. Boossaba Yodbangtoey (TAWA President) and Mr. Bunpot Sangkeo (TAWA Vice President) as the following.
• develop conceptual thoughts by way of increasing quality of young weightlifters and well-prepared training by professional weightlifting coaches
• discuss all working procedures, manuals and currently technological tools to leverage Thailand weightlifting as a mass sport align with the world class standardization
• update and being shared direction and policy of worldwide coaching profession from Dr. Tamas Ajan, IWF President, whose speech in the first meeting of IWF Coaching & Research Committee Member in Bucharest, Romania on June 12, 2009
Dr. Aján’s Adressed Message
- The Committee’s idea to create a Coaching Manual, including a 3-level coaching course is brilliant.
- National Camp
- Please follow up on the Coaching License logistics.
- A Coaching Database is important. We need experts and lecturersfor our Development Programs, including clinics.
- The presentation of the Educational Program in Chiang Mai was very successful. Another opportunity to introduce the program will occur at the Senior World Championships.
Besides, the coaches were also input nutrition knowledge how to feed our weightlifters in right way, importantly so as to have quality assurance to avoid doping substance come up with technical methodology as well as technological equipments by Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT).